Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"While the pot boils, friendship endures"- Latin Proverb

        As I have mentioned in previous blog posts, I have enjoyed cooking during my time in Argentina.  Not only do I use cooking as a form of relaxation and personal expression, but also as a social activity.  I love to share what I make with my housemates and other friends, and have invited people to dinner a couple of times.  It's also important to acknowledge that I have learned a lot by talking with my older and wiser housemates about recipes and techniques.  In return, others often treat me to cultural dishes and tasty treats, which is great for my sweet tooth and appetite but not so great for my waistline.  The point is, I think the Latin proverb in the title of this blog post applies well to my life in Argentina.  My friendships may not have originated in food, but food has a way of strengthening interpersonal connections.

Here are some culinary pursuits I haven't shared yet:


Homemade empanadas (dough and all) with an unconventional filling: spinach, egg, red pepper, onion, garlic and lentils


More empanadas


Apple pie!!


Apple sauce!!


Improvised pancakes (they were kind of tough) with apple sauce!!

No comments:

Post a Comment